Whether you are on your way to fulfilling your dream of becoming a first time home owner or you are just looking around for additional property to purchase, it would come as no surprise to you that building a house is no easy task. It involves a lot of decision-making, with a million options to sift through. House and land packages would make this process less difficult for you. Later on you will learn why, but first, what is a house and land package?
House and land packages Mandurah are new properties sold by home developers that include both a new house and the land on which it stands. There are two ways to go:
1) You may pick the block of land of your choice and choose from a variety of customisable home designs according to your needs and budget and
2) There are also prebuilt homes that come with the land they're built on, ready to be moved into.
So why should you opt for a house and land package?
- It is more convenient and consumes less time because the home designs are already compatible with the blocks of land. The developers have already laid out the house plan for you (e.g. whether the house suits the block or if it is oriented to the sun fittingly or if the driveway is placed at the most suitable position).
- The two in one deal also means that you will have an easier task of doing the budget. You only have to work on your financing once. Because you're purchasing both land and house as one, you will not need to do loan applications twice. Less paperwork and less time.
- What also makes this ideal is that you can save money. For one, both the house and the land are treated as one purchase. You can save thousands of dollars on stamp duty compared to purchasing the land and house separately. Also, you will not need to spend a lot on maintenance. Often, the building and its fixtures will be covered by a builder's guarantee that usually covers five years or so. And if you are confident that your builder uses quality materials, then your new house is sure to need fewer repairs and will be very easy to maintain.
- You also will not need to fuss over things that you normally have to consider like landscaping your lawn, retaining walls, putting up a driveway and even a mailbox because these are already included in the package cost.
It has its advantages but also be mindful of the other factors involved. One is the location of the property. Is it in a community that you're comfortable living in? Is there a suitable transport network in the area? How long is the drive to nearest city? How is the traffic? If you have children or are planning to have some in the future, then there should be adequate schools nearby. What about the employment opportunities in the area? Also, check on the nearby facilities such as recreation centers and sports clubs.
Now that you've considered the many benefits of a house and land package in Mandurah, the next step is to compare the house plans and look for a home builder that you can trust.